We are very excited to announce that the Bethany Public Schools Athletic Department has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign athletic participation forms for your students. The most exciting news is that FinalForms saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! FinalForms also pre-populates information wherever possible, for each of your students, saving you time. You may review your data at any time to verify it is current. You will be required to sign your forms once per year and after any update, but all of your information and all of the data you enter will be saved. If any parents or student-athletes need assistance they can email email@example.com.
Registration is now open for parents here: https://bethany-ok.finalforms.com.
Information for Parents
1) CLICK HERE to view the Parent Playbook which will give you a step by step guide to getting started in FinalForms. If you require any support during the process, scroll to the bottom of the web page and click “Use Support”.
2) Parents must create the initial account on Final Forms and once logged in will add each student you may have participating at either the high school or middle school level.
3) ALL athletes at Bethany must have their participation forms filled out in FinalForms before they are eligible to participate in athletics.
4) The only paper form that needs to be turned in to the athletic office is the OSSAA physical form and medical history which can be found here: OSSAA PHYSICAL EXAMINATION AND PARENTAL CONSENT FORM
5) During the forms process you will be prompted to enter any food allergies, medical allergies, medical conditions, and any other pertinent information. Please make sure you are as detailed as possible on this.
6) Once the parent has finished filling out all forms for the athlete an email will be sent to the athlete at the email address provided by the parent. There are a few of the forms that must be signed by the athlete as well, so make sure your child checks his/her e-mail after you complete the forms. Remember, each student at BPS has an e-mail address that is derived from their first name, last name, and graduation year. (Example: John Smith will graduate in 2020. His BPS e-mail address will be firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Information for Student-Athletes
1) Please direct your parents to the website, https://bethany-ok.finalforms.com, to start your forms process.
2) Once your parent has completed the forms you, the athlete, will get an email from Final Forms in which you will click the link and sign the forms that require your signature. Only after you sign and complete the forms will you be cleared for practice
3) Also, make sure you have turned in your paper OSSAA Physical form and medical history form to the athletic office. This form can be found in the parent information section above. You and your parents will be able to login to final forms at any point and see the status of your eligibility.
The Bethany Cross Country and Track programs took time at the end of season Track Awards Banquet to honor retiring Head Cross Country and Girls Track coach Teresa Johnston. Johnston, who had become a fixture in the cross country and track programs at Bethany during her seven years will be missed by both of these programs. She was the key factor in building the cross country from one with only a few athletes competing into one on both the boys and girls sides that is a top tier 4A program in the State of Oklahoma. She led the boys cross country team to a 3rd place finish in 2016 and a Bethany best State Runner Up finish in 2017 at the 4A State Meet. Athletic Director Jon Arthur said, "Coach Johnston will be missed at Bethany! She has built the cross country program into one of the best around and has contributed a ton to our track and field programs at well. Bethany is most definitely a better place because Coach J was here!"
Coach Johnston will be moving home, near her family, to southern Oklahoma. Even though she is retiring from full time teaching and coaching she is going to return to the basketball court as the Head Girls Coach at Wilson High School, just west of Ardmore. She will also continue coaching track and field.
The Bethany Athletic Department is proud to announce two new head coaching positions on our staff. Sean Williams, will be adding the title of Head Girls Soccer coach to his portfolio. Williams, who will be replacing Ryan Brock, has served as the Head Boys Soccer coach at Bethany for the past 12 seasons. Williams will now head up both programs. He has led the boys program to great success during his tenure including six 10 win seasons and two state semi-final appearances. Bethany Athletic Director Jon Arthur said, "We are very excited to see what Sean can do in both of our soccer programs in the future. Coach Williams is an extremely knowledgeable coach who does a great job on the field as well as building great leaders off of the field."
Bethany also announced that Adam Forester would assume the role of Head Girls Track & Field coach. Coach Forester has coached at Bethany for nine years total and he was formerly the Head Girls Track & Field Coach from 2012-2015. Coach Forester returned to Bethany in the fall of 2017 as the Head Boys Track & Field Coach, a position he has held for the past two seasons. He will now lead both the girls and boys programs as former Head Girls Track coach Teresa Johnston retired a couple of months ago. Bethany Athletic Director Jon Arthur said, "It will be great to have Adam back as our Head Girls Track coach. He was an integral part of building that program from 2012-2015 into a strong class 4A track program in the state of Oklahoma." Forester has been successful in all of his years coaching track and field and is especially known for being a fantastic throws coach. In his nine years of coaching he has seen over 15 athletes qualify for the state meet in the shot put and/or discus events, with three of those winning state championships.